Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bella-cising


Wow, so much happening as the summer winds down.....

We have a new addition to our family...Bella....a 5 year Sheltie that we rescued. What a joy! She is a dream of a dog. It was the perfect time and even though it was a sudden decision on my part....everything fell into place. I have waited two years since losing Sammy (Sheltie we had for 12 1/2 years).

Now, Bella gets me moving. Every night I feel compelled to take her for a walk. And let me tell you, she can walk...at a very brisk pace! I found myself with my arm extended while she drags me around the neighborhood. By the time we get back, she is sprinting down the block and I am happy I dragged myself out the door to treat her to a nightly walk.

So a partner can be anyone....human being or animal....they keep you committed and accountable. When I get home after a long day, she is so excited and I know I can't disappoint her and not go out.

So...all good things....give a nice pet a "forever" home, take brisk walks, and everyone benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment